Black or Frozen iPhone Screen? Don’t Panic.
Hmmm, iPhone won’t turn on. A black screen. You probably just forgot to charge your phone, right? It’s just dead, that’s all. Hmm, that’s strange – it’s taking a really long time for that Apple logo to show up! Don’t freak out, you tell yourself. It probably just needs to be restarted. That’s supposed to fix things, isn’t it? Turn it off and on again, right? I’ve seen the IT Crowd. Wait. How can I do that if it’s not even turning on? Oh no.
You Google search (thank goodness for multiple devices!) ‘iPhone won’t turn on’ or ‘iPhone repair Vancouver’ and now, here you are.
First, take a deep breath and don’t panic. GoMobile is here to help you with your seemingly dead iPhone. Let’s give it life again!
Hard Reset Your Phone
Sometimes the iPhone software can get a little buggy and cause your iPhone to have a black screen or to completely freeze. You may even still hear your device making sounds even though you can’t see anything. Believe it or not, this is completely normal, very common and most likely fixable! Most likely, your phone needs a force restart (also known as a hard reset) to get everything realigned. A force restart won’t erase your phone’s content.
Here’s what you’re going to do:
iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus:
Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the On/Off button until you see the Apple logo.
iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus:
Press and hold both the On/Off and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch:
Press and hold both the Home and the On/Off buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Presto! Your iPhone is back to its former glory.
Er… the Hard Reset Didn’t Work
Another reminder to take a deep breath and stop panicking. This isn’t necessarily the end of your iPhone’s life. There are numerous reasons for your black or frozen iPhone screen that GoMobile can help fix:
- Your phone needs a jump-start. Plug it into a wall (not your computer) and try the hard reset once again.
- The LCD display is damaged or broken. We can fix that!
- Your charging cable or wall adapter is faulty. Have you tried multiple cables and cubes? Check out our high-quality Apple-approved iPhone accessories in-store.
- The charging port where you plug the lightning cable into your phone is damaged or jammed up with gunk. Inspect the port and carefully remove any foreign material with a wooden toothpick and try again. We can always replace this part too!
- Your iPhone battery is at the end of its life or has sustained water damage. A new battery just might help!
- The Ghost of Steve Jobs has possessed your iPhone. We’ll fetch our Holy Water!
If you can’t solve the problem on your own, drop by our Vancouver phone repair shop and we can take a look at what’s happening. Can’t make store hours? Give us a shout and we can arrange to come to you. In any case, fear not! GoMobile will revive your iPhone to working order.